Torchlight CEO Speaking at Entrepreneurship Summit
Adam Goldberg, M.Ed, Founder & CEO of Torchlight, is speaking on Friday, November 9th, at the Framingham State Entrepreneur and Innovation Center‘s Entrepreneurship Summit. Goldberg will be part of an impressive panel of fellow entrepreneurs and university professors from the greater Boston area, including:
- Derek Canton, CEO and Founder, PaerPay
- Laura DiBenedetto, Author, President and Founder, Vison Advertising
- Mark Hardie, Director, Entrepreneur & Innovation Center, Framingham State University
- Patricia Nolan-Brown, Author, Inventor and Serial Entrepreneur
- Robert Krim, Associate Professor and Founder, Entrepreneur & Innovation Center, Framingham State University
- Richard Logan, Founder, President and CEO, Medical Record Associates (Retired)
- Robert Power, Vice President of Embedded Software – Silicon Labs
- Kathryn Rose, Founder, wiseHer
The panel focus on the critical period before entrepreneurs begin to raise capital, touching on topics such as identifying whether an idea is worth pursuing, sizing the market, getting early traction, exit options (freestanding, IPO, buyout, profit) and product market fit.
Additionally, a featured speaker is FSU alumnae Michael Powers ’87, Hon. D.Sc. ’16. Powers is an expert in operational management of business units at startups and established companies. A former GM at CBSi, he was the second Product Manager at YouTube, first employee of Slide.com and founder of two internet companies. Powers is an angel investor in several startups, including Insight Engines (AI Search), Turo (Car Sharing) and locally founded companies Taskrabbit and TurningArt.
The Summit begins at 8am and is being held in will Warren Conference Center at Framingham State University. It is open to students, alumni, members of the Entrepreneur and Innovation Center, and community members, as well.