Looking to join a well-funded start up, directly impact our applications and build something that makes a difference in people’s lives? Join the team that is changing the way families take care of children and aging loved ones who need extra support. Our area of focus is cited by Inc. Magazine as one of the eight fastest growing markets and we are leaders in the space.
We are looking for a Web Developer to join our product/engineering team who develop torchlight’s world-class Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) product solutions. The right candidate will join our fun and dynamic team of domain experts, seasoned technologists, notable investors and exceptional advisors, on an exciting and rewarding journey.
This position reports to the CTO.
The ideal candidate:
- Has 2 - 5 years of hands-on experience building web-based applications and object-oriented design
- Can work independently as well as collaborate with leadership, product & outside development resources
- Has a good understanding of Ruby on Rails and MySQL and can manipulate and author embedded Ruby code
- Likes working in diverse environments and has experience with multiple programming environments, i.e.: Java, C++, Node, Python, etc.
- Believes in and uses unit testing tools, such as RSpec/Cucumber
- Works comfortably as a member of a team on a shared codebase via GitHub or Bitbucket
- Has familiarity and experience with at least a few of the following: MySQL, Postgres, React, AWS, devops, knowledge bases, data analytics, expert systems, AI and machine learning
- Is experienced working in an Agile software development environment
- Honesty, kindness, and quality
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent collaboration, communication and analytical skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Our employees have the unique opportunity of not only helping solve challenges for our clients, but also contributing to the company’s growth and direction. Our unique business practices, culture, and immense opportunity are ideal for the entrepreneurial spirit.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Design and develop new features and improve the torchlight service
- Provide support, as necessary, for a 24x7 service
- Document the design and implementation of all new features as well as existing capabilities
- Keep up-to-date with technical trends, evaluating and recommending the adoption of new technologies
torchlight is the leading provider of employee caregiver support solutions. Our technology, expertise and outcome focus reduce costs and complexities for families and employers. We recognize that Caring is Everyone’s Business. Caring is Good Business.
Headquartered in Burlington, MA, we offer a flexible work environment and generous benefits package with equity. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a diverse workplace.
For more information - email a cover letter (required) and resume to email@example.com.