Media-Featured CareTech Venture Seeks UI Designer to Delight Our Users
Are you excited by the idea of transforming how working families take care of children and aging loved ones while improving their professional lives? Are you passionate about leveraging technology to provide caregivers with life-changing information and services? Caregiver support, alongside cancer and maternity care, has emerged as one of the top concerns among employers, and Torchlight leads the market with an innovative, B2B and B2C technology-based solution.
Torchlight is looking to hire a creative UI Designer who is interested in delivering an outstanding user experience with Torchlight's caregiving platform applications. Reporting to the VP of Product and working closely with staff, you will play a key role in our success by ensuring user satisfaction and loyalty through a great experience.
We can’t wait to talk to you if you are looking to use your talents for good, can iterate your way to innovation, and are committed to personal growth and excellence in all that you do.
Core Job Functions
- Take tested wireframes and create pixel-perfect mockups and flows to hand off to engineering and for use in sales demos. These mockups should include all responsive design states, requirements to meet accessibility standards, and solutions that take into account differing amounts of content and scenarios (e.g., first-time user lands on page vs. subsequent visits, etc.).
- Decide best components to use within a feature or page and sync components with styles used within the app to reduce custom CSS with each new feature.
- Create beautiful, intuitive, and frictionless UI layouts that serve user’s and business needs.
- Communicate well with engineering to translate mockups into code. This includes specifications like responsive breakpoints, responsive imagery, accessibility considerations, error states, and empty states.
- Participate in conceptual design studio sessions run by UX Designer, bringing the perspective of UI standards and trends to the table. These sessions are used to develop ideas for new features based on our user interviews and testing.
- Be flexible about updating styles and adjusting layouts based on feedback and user testing.
- Create Torchlight Visual Design System and style library of reusable, accessible and responsive platform components like menus, tabs, and widgets (bonus).
- 2-4+ years experience working as a UI Designer.
- Finger is on the pulse of the latest trends in UI design, ability to explain the benefits of them, and adapt them for use on Torchlight’s platform
- 4 years of HTML5 and CSS3
- Strong experience working with Axure or Sketch and Invision or similar tools
- Must be detail-oriented
- Should enjoy working collaboratively on a team
- Flexible and able to pivot based on the needs of the business (Experience working at a startup a plus!)
Torchlight is the complete caregiver-support program for employers and health plans that provides real-time access to the strategies and solutions modern caregivers need most. From screen time to senior scams, Autism to Alzheimer’s, Torchlight meets caregivers where they are, providing the expert guidance, tools, and step-by-step action plans that solve even the most complex family challenges. At Torchlight, we all believe that caring is everyone’s business and caring is good business.
Headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts, we offer a flexible work environment and generous benefits package with equity. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a diverse workplace. For more information, visit, www.torchlight.care
To apply, email a cover letter (required), resume, and access to portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.