Senior Software Engineer
Media-Featured Care-Tech Venture Seeks Senior Software Engineer to strategically evolve our caregiver platform by designing, developing, and deploying responsive web and mobile applications and infrastructure.
Are you excited by the idea of transforming how working families take care of children and aging loved ones while improving their professional lives? Are you passionate about leveraging technology to provide caregivers with life-changing information and services?
Torchlight, a LifeSpeak company, is looking to hire a full-time Senior Software Engineer who is interested in playing a key role in driving improvements to our Software-as-a-Service caregiving products and contributing to the impact of Torchlight and LifeSpeak on an international scale.
You can expect to work with some of the brightest and most passionate minds in the quest to transform how families take care of children and aging loved ones while improving their professional lives, all via game-changing technology and services. Caregiver support has emerged as one of the top concerns among employers and health and wellbeing organizations, and Torchlight leads the market with the most complete solution.
We can’t wait to talk to you if you are looking to use your talents for good, can iterate your way to innovation, and are committed to personal growth and excellence in all that you do.
This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work collaboratively with the product and engineering teams and other internal and external stakeholders to understand high-level requirements and find creative solutions to challenging business and technical problems
- Drive the implementation of software solutions, with an eye toward good design, great code and long-term stability, scalability and usability
- Challenge existing architectural/code quality and advocate for improvements and innovation
- Establish and evolve software development and documentation best practices, standards and processes
- Provide constructive feedback on design and code quality, and build an inclusive culture with high performing teams
- Keep up-to-date with technical trends and evaluate/recommend the adoption of new technologies, processes and tools
- Support all aspects of the Torchlight Information Security Policy and associated procedures, including SOC2 Type 2 and HIPAA requirements
The Ideal Candidate:
- has 7+ years of hands-on experience building SaaS applications in a cloud (AWS) environment
- has strong experience developing web/SaaS applications including design considerations, database architecture, data modeling and analytics
- has a deep understanding of an application framework such as Ruby on Rails or Python with a SQL/MySQL database
- has an understanding and appreciation of unit testing tools, such as RSpec. and CI/CD tools such as CircleCI or Jenkins
- is comfortable working as a member of a team on a shared codebase via GitHub or Bitbucket
- is experienced working in an Agile software development environment
- can work independently as well as collaborate with leadership, product & outside development resources
- has strong analytical skills and obsessive attention to detail
- honesty, kindness, and quality
- entrepreneurial mindset
- excellent communication and analytical skills
- a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science
At Torchlight, a LifeSpeak company, we believe that caring is everyone’s business, and caring is good business. We are the only comprehensive caregiver support platform for employers, health plans, and other member organizations both digitally and through one-on-one advising and concierge services. Unlike traditional call centers and coaching models, Torchlight eliminates the ‘middleman’ by providing caregivers with direct access to top specialists and expertise in a scalable, cost-effective way. In addition to our commitment to family caregivers, our data-driven approach provides workforce insights to human resource leaders and C-level executives that uncover employee needs and enhance performance outcomes. No matter the age, diagnoses, or obstacles ahead, Torchlight helps resolve the everyday, modern challenges of caregiving before they turn into a crisis.
Headquartered in Burlington, MA (although currently fully remote), we offer a flexible work environment and generous benefits package with equity. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a diverse workplace.
For more information, visit www.torchlight.care or email a cover letter (required) and resume to email@example.com.