Media-featured care-tech venture seeks dynamic Scrum Master to help us strategically evolve our caregiver platform by owning and defining agile practices throughout the organization.
Are you excited by the idea of transforming how working families take care of children and aging loved ones while improving their professional lives? Are you passionate about leveraging technology to provide caregivers with life-changing information and services?
Torchlight, a LifeSpeak company, is looking to hire a full-time Scum Master who is interested in playing a key role in driving improvements to our Software-as-a-Service caregiving products and contributing to the impact of Torchlight and LifeSpeak on an international scale.
You can expect to work with some of the brightest and most passionate minds in the quest to transform how families take care of children and aging loved ones while improving their professional lives, all via game-changing technology and services. Caregiver support has emerged as one of the top concerns among employers and health and wellbeing organizations, and Torchlight leads the market with the most complete solution.
We can’t wait to talk to you if you are looking to use your talents for good, can iterate your way to innovation, and are committed to personal growth and excellence in all that you do.
This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
Essential Job Functions:
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to plan and support the delivery of business objectives.
- Through coaching and hands-on work, help our teams plan, prepare, and prioritize their work; improving their agile practices to foster empowered teams that can solve complex problems.
- Ensure teams are focused on continuous improvement through the use of agile practices.
- Help the teams communicate challenges/blockers, progress, and changes with all stakeholders.
- Coach teams on agile best practices, build team trust, establish agile ceremonies, and facilitate as needed.
- Help configure agile tools, especially Trello and Jira, to serve the broader Torchlight team.
- Keep up-to-date with technical trends and evaluate/recommend the adoption of new technologies, processes and tools.
- Support all aspects of the Torchlight Information Security Policy and associated procedures, including SOC2 Type 2 and HIPAA requirements.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is a natural servant leader: You’ve worked within a cross-functional team to gather feedback and to identify and implement process and practice improvements. You take an enthusiastic coaching approach to help the team, listening and guiding them through continual improvement.
- Is outcome-focused: You have helped a team identify its goals and the methods needed to achieve them, and have helped them track how they are progressing toward those goals. You use metrics to understand the current state of a team and to determine which areas to focus on first, always circling back to verify whether or not your approaches were successful.
- Has hands-on agile experience: You’ve helped one or more teams figure out how to apply agile frameworks like Scrum or Kanban to deliver against a common goal or have attended some agile training workshops and are eager to make use of the knowledge gained from them.
- Is willing to dig in: You relish helping teams understand the business objectives they are trying to solve, learning the skills and tools of the team, and identifying the gaps that need to be addressed.
- Has 5+ years of hands-on experience building SaaS applications in a cloud (AWS) environment.
- Can work independently as well as collaborate with leadership, product & outside development resources.
- Has strong analytical skills and obsessive attention to detail.
- honesty, kindness, and quality
- entrepreneurial mindset
- excellent communication and analytical skills
- a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science
At Torchlight, a LifeSpeak company, we believe that caring is everyone’s business, and caring is good business. We are the only comprehensive caregiver support platform for employers, health plans, and other member organizations both digitally and through one-on-one advising and concierge services. Unlike traditional call centers and coaching models, Torchlight eliminates the ‘middleman’ by providing caregivers with direct access to top specialists and expertise in a scalable, cost-effective way. In addition to our commitment to family caregivers, our data-driven approach provides workforce insights to human resource leaders and C-level executives that uncover employee needs and enhance performance outcomes. No matter the age, diagnoses, or obstacles ahead, Torchlight helps resolve the everyday, modern challenges of caregiving before they turn into a crisis.
Headquartered in Burlington, MA (although currently fully remote), we offer a flexible work environment and generous benefits package with equity. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a diverse workplace.
For more information, visit www.torchlight.care or email a cover letter (required) and resume to email@example.com.