Are you excited by the idea of transforming how working families take care of children and aging loved ones while improving their professional lives? Are you passionate about leveraging technology to provide caregivers with life-changing information and services?
Caregiver support has emerged as one of the top concerns among employers, and Torchlight leads the market with an innovative technology platform coupled with the nation’s top specialists. Now covering millions of employees at well over a hundred leading enterprise clients, Torchlight is poised for accelerated growth.
Torchlight is looking for a full-time Business Analyst to help us drive the business forward through defining and measuring new features and improving Torchlight processes and systems while always keeping the needs of clients and users in mind.
We can’t wait to talk to you if you are looking to use your talents for good, can iterate your way to innovation, and are committed to personal growth and excellence in all that you do.
You must be a self-starter with a willingness to learn new tools, collaborate with all team members, and be motivated to get things done.
This position reports to the Vice President of Product.
Essential Job Functions:
- Driving business efficiency by evaluating business processes, defining and documenting requirements and user stories, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions (for features, bug fixes, process changes, and analytics)
- Focusing on reporting and analytics including (a) identifying key metrics to help us measure the success of the business and individual projects, using tools like Tableau / Snowflake, Google Analytics, and Excel and (b) building reports and dashboards to communicate metrics, insights, etc.
- Performing ad hoc data analysis proactively and in response to stakeholder needs
- Performing requirements analysis
- Partnering with engineering and QA on developing and testing product enhancements, and working with all to understand the needs and demo the changes
- Becoming the SME (subject matter expert) in reporting and teaching others how to get value from the analytics tools
- Documenting and communicating the results of your efforts in the forms of requirements documents, tickets, user stories, acceptance criteria, process flows, etc.
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements
- Performing user acceptance testing
The Ideal Candidate:
- A bachelor’s degree in business or related field or an MBA, or equivalent experience
- 1 to 5 years of experience in business analysis or a related field
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Experience with analytics tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Self-starter and willingness to learn new tools
- Ability to define and document functionality for new development or testing
- Ability to work closely with stakeholders toward acceptable solutions
- Experience working in agile development environments, especially Scrum
- Prior experience working with project management tools, such as Trello, Jira, or similar
- Excellent documentation skills
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Experience creating detailed reports
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel
- Knowledge of SQL a big plus
- Knowledge of data warehouses also a big plus
- Honesty, kindness, and quality
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
At Torchlight, we believe that caring is everyone’s business and caring is good business. We are the only complete caregiver support solution for employers and member organizations. We offer solutions informed by data and, thus, are built for better results. Our approach includes a user-friendly digital platform and a team of expert advisors. No matter the age, stage or concern, Torchlight’s decision-support tools, caregiving knowledge base, and human expertise combine to reduce stress and enhance outcomes for both families and their sponsoring organizations more cost-effectively than call center or concierge-only solutions. Because getting caregivers the right resources, in the right ways, right from the beginning should be business as usual.
Headquartered in Burlington, MA (although currently fully remote), we offer a flexible work environment and generous benefits package with equity. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a diverse workplace.