Business Development Representative
Torchlight is seeking a new Business Development Representative (BDR) to support our sales organization in driving the early stages of the sales cycle to develop qualified sales opportunities.
This is a pure business development/tenacious prospecting role. You will have clear target accounts, monthly goals/metrics and a prospecting framework to guide a multi-touch outreach cadence. Your role will be to generate new business by targeting and qualifying strategic accounts, with targeted buyer personas. You will be responsible for engaging prospecting prospects and scheduling meetings for senior sales personnel. With consistent success you will move to a more rigorous qualification role and eventually to running your own pipeline. To be successful in this role, you should have previous prospecting/inside sales experience, be disciplined, tenacious, as well as understand your responsibility to long-term business growth.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable and effective with cold-calling, have some knowledge and experience with an information platform solution, and willing to learn and improve selling skills. In this exciting role, you will play a core part in the impact of Torchlight on a national scale and can expect to work with a mission-driven, highly passionate core-team in the quest to transform how families take care of children and aging loved ones while improving their professional lives, all via game-changing technology and services. Caregiver support has emerged as one of the top concerns among employers, and Torchlight leads the market with the most modern solution.
- Perform disciplined, rigorous inside sales multi-touch outreach campaigns via email, text, telephone and social media.
- Schedule daily/weekly sales next-step qualification meetings for senior-level sales personnel
- Execute and report daily progress on a defined prospecting cadence of multiple touch points.
- Learn and understand employee benefits needs, buying process, key persona and competitive landscape.
- Provide continual feedback to VP of Sales and other team-mates regarding campaign development and execution.
- Consistently log activities/tasks - lead, contact, account, notes and qualification data in Salesforce.
- 2-4 years of equivalent experience as a BDR or similar role with proven success in inside sales, prospecting and lead generation focused on metrics driven sales objectives.
- Track record working successfully within the health services industry, education, or related information services industry.
- Experience selling a hybrid platform technology/services solution.
- Experience selling directly to HR/Benefits professionals is a plus.
- Strategic sales communication capabilities with a high comfort-level communicating with all prospect role levels.
- Must be motivated, disciplined, methodical, optimistic, competitive with an ability to work in a fast-paced, team-focused environment.
- Strong, clear written and verbal communication skills with an attention to detail.
- Understanding and a daily practitioner of sales performance metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, Education or relevant field.
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM system. (2 years preferred)
Torchlight is the complete caregiver support program for employers and health plans that provides real-time access to the strategies and solutions modern caregivers need most.
From screen time to senior scams, Autism to Alzheimer’s, Torchlight meets caregivers where they are, providing the expert guidance, tools, and step-by-step action plans that solve even the most complex family challenges.
At Torchlight we all believe that caring is everyone’s business and caring is good business.
Headquartered in Burlington, MA, we offer a flexible work environment and generous benefits package with equity. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a diverse workplace.
For more information, visit torchlight.care or email a cover letter (required) and resume to email@example.com.